30.9.13

HIMYM Cookies Revealed?

I haven’t really been a follower of How I Met Your Mother. Sure, throughout its past 8 seasons, I have tuned in sporadically & watch re-runs sometimes. Every time I do, I laugh. So, I did check it out this last Monday, for the final season’s premiere episode & I am glad I did. Not only did we finally get to meet the mother, she also fed Lily some delicious cookies that you know you wanted, called (excuse my French) “sumbitches”.
            
You can imagine my excitement when I came across the recipe on Pinterest. Really, I flipped. And the Saturday night storm we had made for perfect cookie-baking conditions.




Mine turned out…okay. Really though, how bad can peanut butter-caramel-chocolate cookies be? I think the problem was the type of chocolate-caramel candies I used. They were Junior Caramels—like Junior Mints but...not. Obviously. The caramel inside the candy was chewy. I recommend using Rolos or something with more liquid-y caramel center so it melts better. Then, they’d be as perfect & delicious as they seemed in How I Met Your Mother.  

              

3 comments:

  1. hahah that is SO cool you found the recipe! when i was watching it i didn't even think there'd be one- i just assumed they were, ya know, normal cookies. thank god for pinterest! and thanks for the caramel tip :)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies are making me hungry!

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! I never thought to find a recipe for the sumbitches cookies!
    They look amazing. I need to make these!

    { Teffys Perks Blog } X

    ReplyDelete