3.10.13

Simplicity

My favorite fashion blogs are the ones that feature outfits made up of simple pieces. Pieces that are similar to things in my own closet, just styled in a certain way. Outfits that are easy to recreate. These outfits are usually made up of basics, like a floral dress or a striped sweater or a pair of booties. Most everyone has a variation of these sorts of things, right? They are just put together in a cool way.  

So, I hope this outfit I’m featuring today is one like that—made up of items that are basics that you probably have in your closet.      

  




If you don’t already have a plaid or flannel shirt like this, they are easy to find. I found mine at Value Village, but I was actually kind of unsure of it at first. I had been looking for a cozy plaid shirt just like it. Honestly though, it was a little pricey for the men’s section of a thrift store. Ugh, I was torn. It was my friend who talked me into it, in the end. “If it’s exactly what you were looking for, get it!” he said. It always surprises me when guy friends contribute to anything fashion. Even if it’s something as simple as that statement.



I’ve also been on a mission to find a new striped top. Bu I’ve had for a while now & wearing it again made me think that maybe it still has a little bit of life in it. Then I easily paired the two patterns with this light denim skirt, but you can really wear the combination with any sort of bottom. Just add on some black tights & simple black booties & you’ve got yourself an easy fall outfit.



Flannel Top: Thrifted
Striped Top: H & M
Skirt: Target
Belt: Target
Tights: Fred Meyer’s
Rings: Thrifted/Vintage

Booties (not pictured): Fred Meyer’s 

6 comments:

  1. haha i think it's so cute when boys give fashion advice- the effort is precious. and i think this outfit turned out great- i can nver resist a little bit of pattern mixing ;)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute with the plaid! These button downs are SO in these days!
    Closet Checklist

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love posts like that too! It gives one so much more inspiration when getting dressed for everyday. Those certainly are some great basics and I love how you used the little belt to tie it all together! Such a fun detail. Not to mention your 'hand candy', those rings are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plaid and stripes is a great combo!

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Girl! I have a favor to ask of you, will you please vote for me--> http://www.onlineshoes.com/monthly-shoe-styling-contest

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Stripes and flannels are for sure my go-to's! :)

    ReplyDelete